On a mobile device? Click the little down arrow right of HOME to find all the great resources like event calendars and kids eat free! contact arizonafamilies@hotmail.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Boy's First Bento Lunch (no egg or rice but simple and fun)

Turkey and bat cheese sandwiches, strawberries, cloud cucumbers and mini oreos
I have been experimenting with making my 5 year-old Kindergartener's lunch bite-sized and "fun" so that he will eat more instead of just taking a bite and running out to recess.

I stumbled upon some cute items on Amazon.com and decided to give it a try.
I had heard of Bento's and one of my students (who lives in Japan) has made some adorable ones for her kiddos. 

I completed this one today and my son ate EVERYTHING above- there wasn't one crumb of anything left!!!!!!

First:  I made round pieces of bread with the other side of the flower tool (in pic below).
Second:  Flower pieces of turkey with flower tool.
Third: Bat cheese pieces with bat tool.


Fourth: Placed sandwiches together in middle Bento compartment. (shown above mini cheese and turkey sandwich pieces.

Next: I used cloud tool to make cucumber pieces (hard to see in pic. Added 2 strawberries, 3 mini-oreos and apple juice bottle.


Finally I put it in the Panda Bento Box all together:


You can get the tools (just like I did) on Amazon!










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers! If you are commenting for a giveaway, please leave your email or make sure we can access an email on your profile. Thanks!