On a mobile device? Click the little down arrow right of HOME to find all the great resources like event calendars and kids eat free! contact arizonafamilies@hotmail.com

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Disney On Ice Dare to Dream - Promises to be Delightful!

I have to say Maximus the horse was uninamously the favorite character of the night!

We went to the opening night of Disney On Ice~ Dare to Dream and as always Disney puts on a spectacular show!  My son (6) and my daughter (3) really enjoyed all of the main segments (Princess and the Frog, Cinderella and Tangled).  However, my daughter is a huge Minnie Mouse fan so all of the in between moments with the loveable Disney gang of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy were especially captivating for her.

My son really liked the Tangled segments with the robbery, chase and tavern scenes.  I loved the aerials in that performance by Rapunzel and her beau. The music and dancing was really fun during the Princess and the Frog.  It has inspired me to see both of those movies, neither which I have seen all the way through. 



Cinderella is a classic and the step-sisters off-key voices singing, "Sing Sweet Nightingale" has stuck around our house for the past couple of days. I did find this segment a bit slow at moments and somwhat cheesy- but I suppose that Cinderella is just not quite my thing :) My daughter LOVED it!

The finale was beautiful! Do not get up to leave or "beat the crowd" because you will miss an awesome light show.  Snow White is also featured at the end alongside many other Disney princesses.  This piece of nostalgia made my mother get teary-eyed.  For her, Snow White was something she could relate to more than the newer princesses. As you can see, there was something for everyone!  
Make sure not to miss this one!

When:Saturday, October 13th  11am., 3p.m. & 7pm
Sunday, October 14th – 1:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m


Where:Tucson Convention Center – 260 S. Church Street, Tucson, AZ  85701

Cost:  Ticket price levels are $20, $35, (VIP) and $55 (Front Row).  Opening Night tickets available for only $10 each (not valid on premium seating; limit 6 tickets per order).Tickets are available online at Ticketmaster.com, by calling 800-745-3000 or at the venue Box Office.
For  the following performances get $4 off with the code MOM12 !:
·         Saturday 11:00 a.m.
·         Saturday 7:00 p.m.
·         Sunday 1:00 p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers! If you are commenting for a giveaway, please leave your email or make sure we can access an email on your profile. Thanks!