On a mobile device? Click the little down arrow right of HOME to find all the great resources like event calendars and kids eat free! contact arizonafamilies@hotmail.com

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dream Dinners New Location Open in Scottsdale


pastedGraphic_2.pdf

Ever heard of Dream Dinners? 
I hadn’t, until recently when I was contacted about the opening of their new store in Scottsdale, AZ. I had, over the years, seen or heard of stores where groups of women get together and prepare meals to take home and eat later. I always wondered about the quality of the food, the time it would take, the recipes, and the cost related to my costs of preparing the meals at home. 
 Some things I hadn’t really considered were how much fun it would be, and how I wouldn’t have to wash a single dish or cry while chopping a single onion. 


 Sara and Laura are sisters who read about Dream Dinners in an airplane magazine in 2004, just 2 years after it was founded. The sisters opened their first location in 2006 and this is their third store. They love helping families get back to having dinner around the table. 

Cool things I learned:
  • Meals average $4.50 per serving, (a little more than home, but much less than eating out, plus I didn’t have to take time to go shopping, pay for the ingredients, come up with any ideas, or clean my kitchen)
  • It took me less than an hour to make 3 different meals
  • They offer more than 15 different recipes monthly
  • They cater to food sensitivities. I told them about my Celiac Disease and they got special ingredients for me to substitute with.
  • It was a great night away from the kids. 
  • The food items were restaurant quality. 
  • Everything was easy, beautiful, and clean.
That night when I came home I was excited to try the new foods. My husband and I left to celebrate our anniversary the next day though, and I had grandma throw the enchiladas in the oven (talk about easy). The report was that they were good, but not nearly as spicy as I usually make them. I enjoyed the other two dishes better. They were items that I don’t normally make. We had a dish called Chicken Yakitori, the whole family loved. My favorite was the Chicken Mirabella (pictured below) with capers and dried plums. They had all the ingredients that I would never have on hand. 
pastedGraphic_1.pdf
Overall, everyone seemed to have a great time. I recommend it for yourself, or a great way to have fun with friends. You could also have a party and make meals for someone in need.  Call Sara and Laura, 480-625-8169 or check out dreamdinners.com 
 SHANDA 
I was invited to their Grand Opening event to learn about and share my personal thoughts from the experience in exchange for some yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers! If you are commenting for a giveaway, please leave your email or make sure we can access an email on your profile. Thanks!