On a mobile device? Click the little down arrow right of HOME to find all the great resources like event calendars and kids eat free! contact arizonafamilies@hotmail.com

Friday, September 10, 2010

Preschool Homework?

                                   
Preschoolers don't get homework, or at least my daughter doesn't.  Who knew this would be such a tradgedy in a 4 year olds life?  So I thought I would share with you what her and I decided to do.  Actually, she just made it clear that she has homework too.  Who am I to discourage this, right?  Anyway, her brother gets home from school and the first thing he has to do is change out of school clothes and then wash his hands.  Then he has to sit at the dining room table and do his homework and my daughter sits across from him and does hers.

 I purchased a Preschool Ultimate Skill Builder by Learning Horizons years ago, so the front cover isn't what I put above and that picture might be out of date from the ones that available in the stores now.  I picked it up at Bashas' for $5.  Seems like a lot when you can buy workbooks at the $1 store, but the book is 319 pages long and is broken down by categories:
  • Numbers,
  • Shapes/sizes
  • Letters
  • Beginning letter sounds
  • Get ready to read
  • Get ready to write
  • Colors
  • Beginning reading
I highly recommend it!  If you have more than one sibling, you can just photocopy pages.  That's what I did for my son and now am using the same book for my daughter.  You can also take the pages out of the book and insert them into page protectors and keep in a binder to have the kids use them over and over again with dry erase markers.  Great for the car.

So, everyday I pull pages from the book and have her complete one or two of them for her "homework".  She loves it and I love that she is so interested in learning.  Kindergarten here she comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers! If you are commenting for a giveaway, please leave your email or make sure we can access an email on your profile. Thanks!