On a mobile device? Click the little down arrow right of HOME to find all the great resources like event calendars and kids eat free! contact arizonafamilies@hotmail.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bookman's Christmas/Holiday Clearance 75%





I was at Bookman's Speedway location today in Tucson and they have all their Christmas/Holiday items 75%off! All books, children 's books, DVD's, VHS, CD's, and housewares (ornaments, cards etc.)

I saw everything from a Reggae Hanukkah CD to a few copies of Nightmare Before Christmas the variety is ama`zing!
Awesome deals!

I decided to research the other locations and this is the response I got from each store:

Grant: 50% off Christmas/Holiday cards
Ina: 50% off all Christmas/Holiday items
Phx: 50% of all Christmas/Holiday houseware items not books dvds cds etc.
Mesa: Nada????
Flag:10% when you ask for it on all Christmas/Holiday items

Funny how different the responses were...but Speedway has great set up in the housewares area and said it will be going on until atleast this Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I didn't get into that room, but I used a Groupon there today and made a comment that I really loved that deal and the guy checking me out said they had loved it to, bought lots of business in. I asked if they might do it again this summer and he said he thought it would become a yearly thing! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, I'm the Online Content Coordinator for Bookmans. I saw your Twitter and thought I'd come right on over and say hello. Sales at Bookmans are rare because we already offer a good price, so I encourage everyone to take advantage.

    Each store reflects the unique traits/habits/needs of the customers who favor that particular location and we buy and sell according to your needs. This type if individualized service means that sometimes we miscalculate. When we wind up with extra stock, we want to move it to make room for new goodies. Hence the specials.

    For the same reason (stocking to the real customer and not a statistical customer), each store gave you a different response regarding what is offered. Different stock, different customers, different sales. You'll find that each of these locations has a distinct personality provided relationally between the customer and the counter.

    I don't know what we might do with Groupon in the future, but we did a Facebook promotion recently where we were able to give 15% off an entire purchase for people who have Liked us on Facebook. Also, take a look at our website. Teachers currently in the classroom can get 20% off their purchases through Project Educate, teenagers can get 15% off their purchases through 1317, and children from 0-12 years old can get 10% off in our Kids Club.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca-Thanks for the info.! I love your stores and just thought I would call to find out what the other stores were offering because I do know they are different and that is part of what I love about Bookmans!
    It's funny while I was there I picked up the fliers about the teen and kids discounts to post about :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers! If you are commenting for a giveaway, please leave your email or make sure we can access an email on your profile. Thanks!